I still have to pinch myself when someone asks me what I do for a living and I get to say that I’m a professional photographer. I feel so blessed to have found my passion and to have made it in to a career. I’ve always been drawn to photography and capturing memories but it wasn’t until recently that I realized my background in design and my artistic side could shine through the use of a camera lens. After attending a photography workshop, which I thought was just to learn how to take better photos with my “fancy camera” for personal reasons, I found myself obsessed with learning more about photography. Somewhere in the midst of that one workshop and practicing for weeks something just clicked inside of me that photography had been a missing piece to my personal and professional life. I’d been longing to find a passion and I was lucky enough to find a passion I could make in to a career. I love that photography allows me to be creative while also enjoying people and running a business all while creating something personal for my clients.
I would be honored to be a part of your special moments…capturing those memories and preserving them for the future. I’m a lifestyle photographer and aim to capture your memories in an artistic and photojournalistic way. I would love to talk with you about the memories you are creating and how we can capture them for a lifetime.
MORE ABOUT ME PERSONALLY…
I live in Phoenix, AZ with my husband of 9+ years, Brad, our kids, Bree and Brady and our golden retriever, Ozzie. On June 30, 2015, I found out that I had had a late miscarriage with our third baby and late that evening our second daughter, Brighton Grace, was born. I am currently expecting our fourth child at the end of June.
And just for fun, here are 10 random things about me:
1. I changed my major at least 8 times in college…interior design, nursing, teaching, and pre-med were all my declared majors at some point. I ended up with a BSA in Design Management from ASU.
2. I’m an Arizona native as is my husband and my mom.
3. My dad is from England so I am a British citizen and used to hold a British passport until I got married and changed my last name.
4. I started dating my husband when I was 18. He was my first boyfriend. We got married when I was 22.
5. I sleep walk when I’m stressed out or too hot.
6. I hate sleeping in hotel beds and bring my own sheets for my side of the bed. My husband thinks I’m crazy.
7. I’ve seen all 10 seasons of Friends MANY, MANY times. In the first couple months of my daughter’s life I watched the entire series at least twice.
8. Swimming has been a huge part of my life. I swam competitively starting at age 7, swam for Chaparral High School, was a lifeguard, taught swim lessons, and coached for Arcadia High School’s swim team.
9. I’ve owned two Volkswagen Beetles. Both were the new body style but one was bright blue and one was a convertible.
10. I won Justin Timberlake concert tickets on my wedding day. The seats ended up being terrible but the story is fun!